Coronation Park Newport

Coronation Park, Newport

Coronation Park was established in 1911 to mark the coronation of King George V. The chosen site was on the east bank of the River Usk adjacent to Stephenson Street, at the east end of the Transporter Bridge (which had been built between 1902 and 1906, and was officially opened on September 12th 1906[1]).

Other links

Sources of Information

  1. Falcon D Hildred, Newport Transporter Bridge. Newport County Borough Council, 1996, page 4

Copyright statement